Thursday 8 December 2011

Inspiration

This was an collaboration of many ideas, as the director I felt it was solely on me but because of my creativity it was very easy however it was not the first idea. Firstly we were going to do ‘Just Be Good to Green’ By Professor Green & Lily Allen this would have been easy done because we had Steph in are group making it the female parts the song an option it would of included a lot of cuts between me and Steph especially shot-reverse-shots. But after we wasn’t sure what else we would do so we decided to do something else. We thought that maybe a serious song could be a option and we thought maybe “I be missin you” by P Diddy however I felt that doing this would demand a lot of self control I felt that it would be hard to maintain this throughout but it would have had a lot of intextuality because of the meaning the song (towards and about legendary Notorious B.I.G). So again we thought and jump to the opposite side of the spectrum and thought maybe “wasn’t me ” by Shaggy this would have been fun but we didn’t have many ideas or any locations so we were stuck and also must fell in to confusion, and would of got in the circle that many groups have. Eventually we came to “No Regrets” by Dappy because it has humorous moments but yet a serious feel underlining the song also cause of the use of metaphors made it easier to fill with short stories and clips.

We had many strong effects and some very unusual ones like the fading this is liked by many people and a lot of comments complimenting it my original idea was a lot more complex this is was way above satisfactory and I was happy with my editor another effect was the change of scene after the fighting this was easy but obvious the editor had to fit the timing perfect this was similar with palm raze and small lighting (where the wall goes red and yellow) we did when next to the wall these were all the editor’s idea he said that it would be good to go slide on with the actors. The smashing of the picture was my idea but we couldn’t do slow motion or a slow throwing effect because we only had one camera. The first effect done with the stutter was lucky there just happened to be an open bag of cerement and cause of the wind made it seem special and was one of my best ideas inspired by something so small.

Are general ideas came from many different things like the costumes that was simply urban stereotypes but the relationships instead life struggles was my idea I fought it was more appropriate then life struggles because the lyrics are about self reflection and I felt after a relationship you change and have a different look at things and yourself but there nothing you can do so there’s “no point crying over yesterday”.

No comments:

Post a Comment